Looking for next live show? Click Here
Late in 2022 my friend, Jim Wombolt, called and asked if I would consider taking on being host/producer of a radio show that fellow songwriter ‘Catahoula Brown’ aka Chris Robert Weagle was retiring from.
Since taking it on I have changed the name to Songwriters From Here And Away.
As the name implies I am focussing on artists and songwriters from this region, Atlantic Canada as well as across Canada and on occasion some from outside of Canada.
There is also a Facebook Page and a private songwriters group which meets regularly via zoom or in person, depending. You are welcome to join in, listen to our meetings and share your songs & thoughts, even if you are not a songwriter. All folks are welcome.
I’ve have a few show formats, namely:
- a standard track show where I play songs, usually as performed by the writer, with my voice over to introduce or talk about the song and songwriter/artist;
- one-on-one interview style shows either in person or via online audio/video link
- concert & interview shows where we set up with a live audience and record audio for radio and also video for use online.
This is a great learning opportunity for me and I, along with Jims’ help, hope to see it get some traction and help promote songwriters everywhere.
Currently we are loading shows to:
- Songwritersfromhereandaway.podbean.com Podcaster – Sending out to all podcast outlets like Apple, Amazon, Stitcher and all those kinds of places.
- CoveFM.com – Saturdays @ 5 PM Atlantic – COVE FM is physically located in Hubbards, Nova Scotia and serves the South Shore, basically the western edge of Halifax down to Bridgewater, NS
- BridgeRadioPA.com – Saturdays @ 3 PM – Bridge Radio serves the Perth-Andover region in New Brunswick and has a great listenership around the world. The only radio station we know of that broadcasts from a pub!
- more to come…
Please do reach out if you would like to connect, have ideas for the show, or just want to say hello!